Trading Standards Officer
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity for a Trading Standards Officer in South London
To be considered you will be qualified to carry out planned programmed inspections of trade premises and enforce by investigation relevant consumer protection legislation.
- To undertake, where appropriate, investigations, either on an individual basis or as a team member, into identified breaches or potential breaches of all trading standards legislation and when required to prepare reports for consideration of legal proceedings on trading standards contraventions and to attend court and give evidence as required.
- To undertake a programme of comprehensive, preventative inspections and strategies encompassing all trading standards legislation, including weights and measures, explosives and food standards legislation.
- To investigate complaints as directed so as to determine any contraventions of consumer protection and unfair trading practices.
- To act as an inspector of weights and measures and inspect, test, verify and/or certify any weighing and measuring equipment.
- To carry out formal sampling as directed by statutory guidance.
- To monitor new and unregulated trends in trading activities that may not be covered by existing legislation and identify areas of business fraud and malpractice and to investigate and report such matters.
Qualifications and Experience
Hold the Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards with 60 modular points (including Food Standards, Fair Trading Criminal and Legal Metrology) or the Diploma in Trading Standards (or equivalent)
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org