Environmental Health Officer/Higher Certificate Technical Officer
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer/Higher Certificate Technical Officer for 12 months contract in North West of England. To support the Service Director - Regulatory Services and the Management Team in the delivery of Regulatory Services functions, specifically leading on one or more of the subject areas of Food and Health & Safety by carrying out carry out a professional advisory, assessment/inspection and enforcement role in order to ensure the highest quality of service delivery and the maintenance of relevant competencies and professional standards.
- Carry out a wide range of business assessment, inspection, survey and/or enforcement duties and support various areas of specialist work.
- Conduct assessment/inspection and enforcement activity, maintain accurate records and prepare reports for complex cases in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and the highest standards of professional practice for presentation at Court, Public and Planning Enquiries and Licensing Hearings.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a customer-focused service by providing high quality advice and support to key stakeholders, including businesses, individuals and Members to promote business growth and to protect consumers and residents
- Support the development of procedures for intelligence-led, streamlined, efficient and effectively targeted services, achieving best practice against external benchmarks in all aspects.
- Resolve complaints and disputes in accordance within statutory guidelines/requirements and council policy
- Develop and maintain effective contacts with partners, business and other stakeholders to ensure and promote a fair, safe and healthy environment and pro-actively promote the service and its products to all sectors, as appropriate
- Fully qualified Environmental Health Practitioner, EHORB or EHRB registered and eligible for Voting Membership of the CIEH, or fully qualified Trading Standards Officer, registered with CTSI
- Experience of delivering work programmes on time and within budget, and in accordance with performance indicators. Experience of providing performance data and information in a clear and concise form.
- Ability to be able to review and maintain performance levels to required standards
- Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
- Political awareness and the ability to deal confidently with elected Members
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Environmental Health data management systems, specifically Idox Uniform
- Demonstrable experience of delivering services in a commercial environment is desirable
- Has proven competence in identifying the need for improvement and bringing about the necessary changes
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in order to maximise the benefits of project implementation
- Has good business awareness and ability to use this in order to support business development
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com