Markets Enforcement Officer
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a Markets Enforcement Officer to join our local authority client in West London to regulate activities within street markets, isolated pitches and public footway licences according to legislative and other requirements and agreed policies and procedures. Initiate appropriate enforcement, advisory or informative actions with the aim of ensuring the satisfactory performance of the market and securing safe, clean and efficient market areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To patrol alone and or as part of a team of enforcement officers as directed by senior managers to respond to community concerns in relation to ASB, environmental issues, illegal street trading management issues and street market issues.
- To work within a team structured shift pattern with a requirement to work extended hours and weekend working. The role holder will be required to carry and use a personal radio, booking on and off duty via the line manager or the Council’s CCTV control room subject to operational requirements.
- To carry out enforcement functions using the powers delegated to the role holder in accordance with the Council’s Scheme of Delegation as directed.
- To be the frontline representative for the Council for traders, shopkeepers and the public.
- To support local Council and Police operational activity as required.
- To monitor the activities of traders ensuring that trading takes place in accordance with the legislative acts listed and the licence issued, taking effective action to deal with any illegal trading activity inside or outside of market areas.
- To investigate reports related to anti social behaviour from residents, visitors, businesses and other sources, recording findings and initiating action as necessary.
- To respond, face to face or by telephone, to enquiries from traders, residents, shop owners, community groups and members of the public; to balance their competing interests and deal effectively with potentially confrontational situations.
Previous experience in street trading legislation is a must.
The hours of operation are flexible but officer must be available to work on Saturday’s.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.