Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer
Buckingham Futures have an amazing opportunity in East London for a Environmental Health Officer / Private Sector Housing Officer to take responsibility for the development, implementation, delivery and maintenance of housing standards and for House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licensing Scheme for private rented properties as considered appropriate.
- To inspect and processes and carry out investigations on premises.
- To prepare complex reports and correspondence and determine appropriate actions.
- Analyse source of problems and suggest solutions and where necessary make recommendations for changes in Council policy or strategy.
- Serve legal notices and interpret and apply the law where necessary, attend meetings, prepare and present cases in court, at public enquiries and at other formal hearings.
- To lead and be responsible for carrying out complex projects and to determine resources required for performance of any project.
- Set time limits for completion of modules and to coordinate the production of reports and recommendations on completion of the projects if required.
- To consult and maintain liaison with stakeholders in the project.
- Fully EHROB registered
- HHSRS qualified
- Minimum of two years experience Housing Standards and /or HMO Licensing related matters
- Thorough knowledge of, and an ability to interpret Housing Standards legislation, statutory guidance, case law and any other policies
- Have a full valid driving licence and daily access to a vehicle suitable for Council business
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org