Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in East London for a Voids Manager to be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the Void Management function.
- To develop and maintain a high quality Void Management function across the neighbourhoods which meets the needs of the customers and demonstrates effective use of resources.
- To manage staff performance by providing constructive feedback, carry out annual appraisals, six monthly reviews, regular team and one-to-one meetings. To ensure appropriate cascade and alignment of targets throughout the organisation.
- To ensure staff within the function are aware of standards, expectations and timescales. To establish clear lines of responsibility and accountability, building trust, good morale and team work.
- To manage staff and other resources to ensure their effective provision and deployment, ensuring seamless provision of service across the neighbourhoods, rotating staff between offices as necessary.
- To design and develop systems to ensure that the Voids Management function within the Council proactively works to minimise duration of voids, loss of rental income and achieve turnaround times within the target.
- To work with Heads of Service to design, develop and implement audit quality systems and relevant accreditation systems which support the development of void management services on behalf of new tenants.
- To introduce and consolidate the integrated housing management system and lead on implementation of IT Systems and contribute effectively to user groups in order to improve and develop these further.
- To respond to and analyse complaints, develop and implement improvements in respect of voids that will reduce volume and pattern of complaints and improve the quality of service. To undertake investigations, collect and present evidence on defaulted works. To actively consider new and innovative ways of working, recognising the positive benefit of change to improve services and achieve goals and reduce void turnaround times and to maximise rental income for the Council.
- To lead and manage the Void Management function delegated and non-delegated budgets in accordance with financial procedures. To provide support and input to the budget setting process and monitoring, ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency through regular monthly reviews.
- To ensure the Voids Management function contributes to the development of effective strategies to protect the Council from financial loss and represents value for money through effective and efficient procurement. To benchmark service delivery with other Arms Length Management Organisations to ensure effective use of resources.
Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience of effectively managing lettings to a high standard of customer satisfaction and minimising void losses.
- Degree or equivalent qualification (Chartered Institute of Housing or equivalent) and/ or comprehensive housing management experience.
- Up to date knowledge of housing legislation, regulation, policy and practice, particularly in relation to voids management including homes and garages.
- An understanding of current issues facing the social housing sector.
- Experience of managing and delivering a high quality frontline customer focused service.
- Experience of developing teams that takes account of the needs of diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience of cross organisational working, adapting, developing and building team spirit with a diverse workforce.
- Experience of managing service change programmes that provides innovative outcomes.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies, policies, procedures and plans.
- Experience of setting, monitoring, achieving and exceeding targets.
- Proven track record of delivering service improvements that takes account of the needs of diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience of setting, monitoring and controlling budgets and demonstrating a good understanding of value for money.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com