Senior Private Sector Housing Officer
Working on behalf of a Local Authority in South London, Buckingham Futures has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Private Sector Housing Officer to lead on the delivery of the Council’s duties relating to environmental health in the private sector and services provided to private landlords, tenants and owner occupiers.
To support the development and implementation of the Healthier Housing Strategy and ensure links to positive health outcomes are embedded within the Council’s approach to private sector housing.
- To lead on the operational delivery of specific projects including PSL, empty homes and the Bond Scheme and ensure effective alignment of services and initiatives with the Housing Solutions team.
- To work with the colleagues and partners to review existing projects and develop new initiatives in line with strategic priorities and business plan objectives.
- To lead on the operational delivery of the Council’s approach to energy efficiency relating to private sector housing.
- To lead on developing the Council’s work with private landlords to include supporting the Landlord Forum.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the Private Sector Stock Condition Survey, developing a comprehensive understanding of the private housing market and activity that supports private sector housing renewal.
- To lead on the Councils approach and delivery of private sector housing enforcement activity to ensure this is applied to meet the Council’s statutory responsibilities and is sensitive to and supports a cohesive, joined up approach to private sector housing activity.
- Investigation of all complaints of disrepair and other matters relating to housing conditions and to take informal/statutory action to secure the most appropriate resolution.
- To prepare Schedules of work, drawings and plans and take photographs as required.
- To prepare and serve statutory notices and make follow up visits to confirm compliance with statutory standards.
- To ensure that all appropriate evidence and documentation is maintained and collated to allow for prosecutions as appropriate
- Inspection of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and take action to deal with management and licensing regulations.
- To assess any application to licence a HMO, collect payment and issue / decline applications as appropriate.
- The inspection of dwellings and associated action to reduce / control overcrowding.
- Inspection of Park Home sites to ensure compliance with license conditions and any other standards.
- Investigation of cases of harassment and or illegal eviction.
- To review PACE interviews to determine further action including prosecution
- To advise landlords, partners, tenants and other members of the public on housing matters and related services.
- Ensuring all necessary records and registers are properly kept and maintained.
- Provision of statistical data to support local and national performance indicators and to ensure all nationally required statistical returns are completed in a timely manner.
- Keeping up to date with relevant new legislation and new / changed working practices and ensuring staff within the team are informed appropriately.
- Supervision of the Private Sector Housing Technical Officer and to give guidance in respect of routine matters / duties.
- To deputise for the Housing Conditions and Supply Manager as and when required.
- To undertake all corporate requirements on health and safety, equal opportunities, data protection, risk management and financial regulations.
To register your interest or for further information about the role, please call us on 02087325450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.