Generic Environmental Health Officer
Our Local Authority client, based in mid Scotland is seeking a highly motivated, focused, innovative and committed member of staff to join the Environmental Health team.
This is a challenging and rewarding role as the team deals with a varied and interesting case load, including:
- General environmental protection complaint work under the EnvironmentalProtection Act 1990 with cases relating to noise, bonfires, artificial light, odour etc.
- you should be able to demonstrate a broad technical background across Food Safety and Health and Safety.
- Duties range from initial contact with complainants, through to an investigation and on to service of notices and enforcement action where necessary.
- Qualified environmental health officer (EHORB or REHIS)
- Membership of professional body Experience of private sector housing enforcement work
- Experience of investigating nuisance complaints and other environmental protection work
- At least two years recent experience of food safety and occupational health and safety regulation.
- Knowledge and ability to apply and interpret the related areas of law
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload UK driving licence and have their own car available to use at work.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.