Regulatory Services Officers (Environmental Health Officer) - Food Safety
- Full Time
Regulatory Services Officers (Environmental Health Officer) - Food Safety (Grade 8-10) x1 post
Location: Ealing Broadway
Salary: £30,693 to £35,772 (including London weighting)
The Food Safety team solves complex problems every day in the name of our core mission to provide a safer community and to encourage business to comply with the law.
But what makes working at Ealing truly unique is the workplace culture that encourages innovation and effectiveness. The workload is complex and ever changing but for the right candidate provides an exciting opportunity to apply and develop your skills in a fast paced but supportive work environment confident that you are making a positive contribution to the safety of the nation’s food supply.
The food team at Ealing Council is highly motivated and gets the job done. If you want to excel in the field of Environmental Health by gaining experience in all aspects of the food chain we offer more than just the basics. To fit into the team you must be ambitious, motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about food safety with excellent people skills.
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications skills and experience:
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health.
- Be a qualified Environmental Health Officer eligible for registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (EHORB).
- A minimum of 10 core hours CPD gained in the past year (except for newly qualified officers).
- Ability to investigate a wide variety of Food Safety and Health and Safety matters.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and workload management skills.
- Driven to provide world class customer service.
- An excellent level of attention to detail.
- A solution focussed approach.
Located in the heart of West London Ealing comprises seven distinct town centres - Ealing, Southall, Hanwell, Acton, Northolt, Perivale and Greenford. Each of these areas has unique characteristics, and together they form one of the most vibrant and diverse communities in Britain. Ealing also has a strong economic centre with more than 130,000 businesses of which nearly 3,000 are food businesses and a workforce of around 150,000 people, about a third of whom travel in from outside the borough.
Job reference number: EJR008085
Closing date: 19 October 2017
For more information and/or to apply please visit www.ealing.gov.uk/jobs