Disabled Facilities Grant Officer
Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in North London for a Disabled Facilities Grant Officer to start asap for a 2 year fixed term contract. You will be responsible for the provision of technical support specifically in relation to the provision of Disabled Facilities Grants and essential property repairs.
You will provide the technical role in ensuring an effective and efficient Disabled Facilities Grants service and in supporting vulnerable home owners to carry out essential repairs to their homes. Applicants need to be able to demonstrate a sound building related background and knowledge.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a flexible and organised approach to their work and have good communication and interpersonal skills. Applicants should be confident in the use of Microsoft Office applications and CAD 2015 LT. Knowledge or experience of site supervision of building projects would be an advantage.
To assist in the delivery of the Division’s service objectives by providing a full range of the technical duties, commensurate with the grading and nature of the post, which will include:
- Investigating complaints from members of the public, interviewing the complainant and other parties as necessary, collecting information and reporting in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Advising individuals of the requirements of the relevant legislation and attempting to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Investigating and reporting on statutory or other public health related nuisances and taking action as instructed.
- Contributing to the provision of training courses.
- Carrying out surveys of properties and taking subsequent appropriate action in connection with:
- Interpretation of architectural drawings and structural reports,
- Assessment of conditions using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System in properties across all tenures,
- The implementation of policies and procedures in relation to the provision of disabled facilities grants.
- Assisting in the assembling of information on the conditions and improvement potential of all dwellings within the Borough.
- Contributing to public participation meetings, manning of information centres etc. designed to publicise and promote aspects of the Division’s work. This may involve working outside of ‘normal’ office hours; in addition this may involve travelling to venues outside of the Borough.
- To maintain all appropriate records which may be required by management including any data which may be required for use in connection with any legal proceedings.
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and co-operate with management, so far as is necessary, to enable compliance with the authority’s health and safety rules and legislative requirements.
- To assist in the training and development of staff and to undertake such personal training as may be deemed necessary to meet the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading and nature of the post.
- Educated to degree level in Environmental Health, Housing or Surveying or the equivalent substantial demonstrable level of knowledge gained through directly relevant works experience.
- Experience in the inspection of premises and production of statutory notices, schedules of work, technical reports and plans.
- Sound knowledge of building construction practices and procedures.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Disabled Facilities Grant Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly