Environmental Health Officer/Senior Environmental Health Officer (Food Safety and Training)
5 days left
- Full Time
Buckingham Futures have an amazing opportunity in West London for an Environmental Health Officer/ Senior Environmental Health Officer (Food Safety and Training) to help protect the health of consumers by inspecting and enforcing food hygiene and food standards, including the labelling and presentation of food, in food businesses and through training food handlers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1 Carry out reactive and proactive work, taking informal and formal action in accordance with the Council’s Enforcement Policy.
2 Undertake planned inspections for food hygiene, food standards and health and safety in food businesses within the Borough.
3 Provide reports to the business proprietor on all inspections.
4 Serve notices mainly under Food Legislation e.g. the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Food and Environmental Protection Act and any other legislation that is appropriate to secure the main purpose of the post. Including the service of Food Emergency Prohibition Notices.
5 Instigate all necessary legal action in line with Council policy, including the preparation and presentation of evidence at Court and Tribunals.
6 Follow up and make revisits where informal or formal action has been taken.
7 Respond to and investigate complaints, accidents and defective lift reports.
8 Deal with notifications of infectious disease and investigate outbreaks of food poisoning.
9 Deal with enquiries and food alerts.
10 Undertake food and water sampling including formal food sampling.
11 Inspect Approved Premises
12 Deal with asbestos notifications and the use and storage of pesticides as required.
13 Oversee exhumations
14 Respond to correspondence, and maintain up to date records on the computer system and files of inspections and other visits made and action taken to ensure a complete record of cases is maintained in the event of later enquiries, complaints or subsequent legal action.
15 Ensure file records and information is current on the computer system.
16 Keeping abreast of technical and legal developments in health and safety, food safety and food standards changes.
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health recognised by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
- Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- Evidence of active participation in continuing professional development.
- Ability to inspect Food Hygiene Category A and B premises and the full range of planned inspections for food hygiene, food standards and health & safety.
- Recent suitable and practical experience within food safety and health and safety enforcement.
- Recent experience of carrying out planned food hygiene, food standards and health and safety and food inspections.
- Recent experience of examining food safety management systems based on
- HACCP principles and health and safety risk assessments.
- Recent experience of advising directors, managers, employees and complainants in particular on food issues and health and safety interpreting legislation.
- Recent experience of investigating complaints and dealing enquiries, in particular food and health and safety complaints and enquiries and dealing with outbreaks of food poisoning.
- Recent experience of investigating accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Experience of undertaking food sampling including ideally formal samples.
- Experience of dealing with notifications of infectious disease.
- Recent experience of taking suitable follow up action following inspections and investigations.
- Recent experience of using relevant legislation and powers e.g. serving notices, instigating prosecutions, attending Court and/or Tribunals.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer/Senior Environmental Health Officer (Food Safety and Training)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly