Flood Risk Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Buckingham Futures have a fantastic opportunity for a Flood Risk Officer to work with, and support, the Flood and Water Management Officer in delivering the aims of the Council to reduce flood risk across the borough and compliance with flood and water management duties and to develop and implement the actions needed to be undertaken by the Council in response to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, in matters predominantly relating to drainage as well as provide responses to planning applications in order to secure appropriate drainage proposals within new developments and other Council projects.
You will also be required to develop solutions for drainage issues by providing technical advice, undertaking drainage design work and managing highways drainage projects.
- Ensure the Council is compliant with all Flood Risk Legislation, plans and guidance.
- To support the FWMO in ensuring the Council is compliant with National Flood Risk regulations.
- To carry out investigations of flood events and to identify structures that may need to come under Council control, in order to minimise impacts from future flood events.
- To assist with data collection for the purpose of compiling and maintaining the highways asset management and highways maintenance computerised management system, together with the input of data.
- To carry out the Council’s statutory function of designating assets
- To carry out the Councils statutory function of assessing applications and consenting works to structures included on the register of assets, or for works inhibiting flows on ordinary watercourses.
- To provide expert pre- and post- planning advice on the SUDs.
- Undertake the assessment and inspection of SuDs schemes where necessary
- To initiate and facilitate the design and implementation of schemes to alleviate flood risk where appropriate.
- Complete other reasonable tasks in order to fulfil role purpose or as instructed by management.
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or Geography or similar
- Evidence of continued professional development and working towards membership of professional body (MICE, CIWEM, or RICS)
- Experience of Land Drainage Engineering including the assessment or preparation of flood and drainage assessments
- Managing small projects and assist with developing proposals to a standard to be put forward for external funding
- Experience in managing complex flood or land drainage data and information from a variety of sources, and ability to analyse and interpret performance data using current GIS tools such as Arch Map
- Experience in designing and solving drainage issues using industry standard packages such as Micro drainage and equivalent
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Demonstrable experience of conducting inspections and dealing with complaints
- Demonstrable experience of supervision of contractors carrying out maintenance and remedial works in accordance with contractual obligations
- Ability to maintain and promote a flexible and positive approach to working in a pressurised environment with changing priorities
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to receive and present complex, sensitive or contentious data to individuals and groups, residents and colleagues
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Flood Risk Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly