Environmental Health Practitioner (Community Health/Housing Service)
- Full Time
Working on behalf of a Local Authority in the South West of England, Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Health Practitioner to support the delivery of the Community Health/Housing Service and provide technical support, through knowledge and experience, to members of the public, businesses and to other colleagues within the Council.
Housing condition hazards Prevention/Investigation
HMOs/ Private sector properties
Licensing caravan/camping sites
Grants, Low Interest Loans
- To inspect, audit, monitor, raise awareness and enforce the relevant legislation in all premises as necessary, but in particular undertake technically based casework, for the activities within the responsibility of the post holder under the supervision of the SEHP.
- This includes the preparation of reports, schedules and statutory notices.
- To respond to technical and standard service requests (complaints/enquiries) and manage a varied caseload of work including undertaking disabled facilities grant/loans and empty homes work and responding as appropriate within statutory requirements and service standards and update and maintain the environmental health property database.
- To offer a high standard of technical advice and guidance as necessary on all activities within the responsibility of the post holder to members of the public, businesses, other services within the Council, and to external agencies when required.
- To represent the service in cross-council project groups and local authority co-ordinating groups, liaise with external bodies, and develop and maintain effective partnerships with stakeholders.
- To contribute when requested to the development of policies and procedures and assist in the in-service training and development of colleagues, student EHP’s, STP’s, TP’s and members where appropriate
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Health or MSc Environmental Health (or equivalent)
- EHORB Registration (or equivalent)
- Other relevant qualifications of graduate level or above.
- Recent knowledge of all areas of service including relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
- Understanding of PACE and RIPA
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Member of CIEH (desirable)
- Grants, Low Interest Loans
Our client requires an officer on a part-time basis to start asap for up to 9 months covering maternity leave. There is a possibility that some of the work may be carried out remotely.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Environmental Health Practitioner (Community Health/Housing Service)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly