Environmental Protection Technical Officer (Noise)
Working on behalf of a Local Authority in Essex, Buckingham Futures has an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Protection Technical Officer (Noise) to participate in the provision of the Local Authority investigation of Statutory Nuisances and associated Environmental Protection Team functions
- To investigate complaints relating to statutory nuisance and Environmental Protection service areas as instructed by the EP Principal Officer or EHTS manager;
- To be able to install, collect, analyse and feedback on evidence gathered by using the Environmental Protection Teams sound recording equipment;
- To complete work outside of normal office hours where instructed by the Principal Officer or EHTS manager;
- To maintain accurate / comprehensive records of the intervention undertaken to address complaints on the Councils Uniform complaints database;
- To work with partner organisations as required achieving the Team’s objectives to improve the environment and increase the detection of and resolution of problems that impact on the environment and public health;
- To compile reports, witness statements and schedules etc to an excellent standard for the consideration of managers and to be used in legal proceedings to enforce legislation within the teams area of responsibility;
- To be able to complete comprehensive prosecution files, witness statements and Interviews under Caution, in line with the Resident Services Department model prosecution file;
- To attend court or other such tribunals as a witness for the authority in legal actions relating to the nuisance work of the team;
- To investigate complaints made concerning the work of the team and to prepare comprehensive responses to such complaints;
- To recommend to the Environmental Protection Principal Officer remedial actions to address matters raised by complainants that highlight shortcomings in the initial response;
- To manage any assigned complaint investigations, projects or promotions under the direction of the Principal Officer;
- To contribute to the wider objectives of the Residents Services Department ensuring that performance targets are met and that customer care measures are implemented.
- Represent the authority at inter-authority liaison groups and at other meetings with professional, business organisations required to further the team’s objectives;
- At the discretion of the Environmental Health and Trading Standards Manager carry out such other duties as are compatible with the demands of the service;
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation and feedback any changes that impact on Environmental Protection functions to the Principal Officer and other team members.
- A sound understanding of the legal practice and procedures relating to Environmental Protection and public health.
- A working knowledge of the law relating to statutory nuisances.
- Knowledge of Environmental Protection standards
- Have experience of effectively using a sound level meter, analysing recorded data and its appropriate feedback
- Knowledge of the regime governing Environmental Protection Public Health work and Pollution Control
- Further specialist knowledge of acoustics and its use in the EP intervention area - IOA diploma etc
- Experience of investigating statutory nuisance complaints from industrial, trade, commercial and domestic premises.
- Experience of interpreting and applying complex technical standards and regulations in regard to consultations for Planning and Licensing Applications
- Experience of resolving complaints relating to statutory nuisance from smoke, grit, dust, odour, light, insects and noise.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven record of experience within EP intervention area
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.