Environmental Health Officers
Environmental Health Officers
Band SO2/PO2: £28,485 pa - £33,437 pa (Pro rata for Part Time Posts)
1 x 37 hours per week & 1 x 18.5 hours per week – Housing Standards Team (post ref 86971)
1 x 15 hours per week – Pollution Team (post ref 74546)
Based in the City centre
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
At Bradford we employ Environmental Health Officers within both our Housing Service and our Environmental Health Service. We currently require Environmental Health Officers in both our Housing Service based in the Housing Standards Team and Environmental Health Service based in the Pollution Team.
The posts are within an existing team and involve :
- The ability to carry out the duties and functions of the Council, with regard to the highly complex range of Environmental Health responsibilities covering residential, commercial and industrial premises and the environment in general so as to ensure healthy living, working and recreational conditions for all members of the community.
- The ability to inspect properties, including flats and houses in multiple occupation using the Housing Health & Safety Rating System.
- The ability to investigate and resolve a wide range of service requests in relation to Housing Standards and Environmental Health, including collection of evidence and the provision of verbal and written advice/enforcement.
- Being able to provide clear verbal and written high level technical advice to a wide range of specialist and non specialist audiences, including assisting clients to comply with legislative requirements
- Being able to demonstrate the preparation, drafting and service of enforcement notices and the initiation and implementation of legal proceedings.
- An ability to apply legislative and technical understanding to a wide variety of licence or registration applications.
You will need
- A recognised degree in Environmental Health or a recognised diploma in Environmental Health and a Certificate of Registration from the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board
The current vacancies are within the Housing Standards and Pollution Teams but the post of Environmental Health Officer is a generic post and you may be required to undertake other Environmental Health Officer duties within one of the other Housing or Environmental Health teams.
For an informal discussion after receiving an application pack, please contact Liam Jowett, Housing Standards Manager on 01274 437595 or email@example.com in relation to the Housing Standards vacancies or Andrew Lodge, Environmental Health Manager on 01274 433984 or firstname.lastname@example.org in relation to the Pollution Team vacancy.
To apply, please visit https://bradford.engageats.co.uk/
Closing Date: 2nd October 2017