Contaminated Land Officer
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Contaminated Land Officer
Purpose of Job
- To fulfil statutory and legal obligations on behalf of the Council, as the Council’s Pollution Control (Special Projects) Officer, taking enforcement action to improve environmental conditions by tackling land problems and other related pollution matters.
- To undertake ongoing monitoring and special projects with internal and external partners to tackle land problems.
- To provide an effective and visible presence as part of a team supporting the maintenance of Council standards on pollution in the borough.
- To implement all relevant Divisional and Service initiatives and programs, strategies, policy and procedure to improve Service compliance and effective management of environmental crime across the borough.
- To improve service delivery by the team through evaluation and changes to Service and Divisional programs, policy and processes in liaison with others.
- To manage and clear any backlog in relation to Contaminated Land Planning case work and provide advice internally and externally in relation to Contaminated Land and Planning.
- To undertake monitoring and special projects with internal and external partners to explore long-term solution(s) to demand, explore opportunities for developer led funding and to tackle land related issues.
- Keep abreast of legislative and technical developments in contaminated land related work and where required other areas.
- Be politically sensitive and recognise issues that impact on the service area.
- Assist with the development and revision of Service policy and procedures, and seek and suggest improvements to customer service delivery and ensure the highest standards of customer care.
- Play a lead role in the training and development of other officers, including any staff supervised in the post, and take the initiative to develop your own skills and abilities in the role.
Experience and Knowledge
- Expert knowledge and experience of the technical aspects of land, water and/or air pollution control, and related legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Experience of managing and delivering projects and initiatives including the writing of reports and correspondence.
- Possess relevant a degree relevant to work on contaminated land, for instance, a BSc in Geology, Chemistry or Environmental Science.
- Possession of a full clean driving licence.
- Physically capable of undertaking site visits and physical investigation work.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Contaminated Land Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly