Planning Enforcement Officer
Our client in West London is recruiting for a Planning Enforcement Officer to analyse, interpret and make recommendations on alleged and confirmed breaches planning and associated legislation, in accordance with statutory requirements, the Council’s policies and procedures, and good practice and to contribute to the provision of an efficient and effective planning enforcement service.
- Prepare written reports in plain English, in line with Council policies, in order to provide consistency in the assessment and determination of applications submitted under planning and related legislation
- Draft, prepare and circulate documents (meeting notes, agendas and reports, notices, memos)
- Respond to communications (enquiries, requests, complaints, letters, applications) within defined timescales to accord with the Council’s agreed targets and procedures
- To investigate a wide variety of enforcement cases, taking appropriate action in accordance with relevant planning legislation and guidance. To make balanced decisions on the expediency of taking enforcement action, negotiating solutions where appropriate in accordance with Council procedures and good practice.
- To process enforcement appeals, prepare statements and appear as the Council’s expert witness at Informal Hearings, Public Inquiries, and in Court as directed.
- To support the Planning Enforcement and Environment Team Manager with the management of the work of the Planning Enforcement and Environment team, ensuring cases are expedited, and that full and effective records are maintained at all times. To use IT systems to their fullest potential to maintain and improve service delivery.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION(S) AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of meeting performance targets.
- Experience of dealing with performance issues.
- Experience of assessing the impact of legislative codes of practice and proactively implementing change.
- Experience of Equalities/Diversity issues.
- Experience dealing with external agencies to deliver positive outcomes for local People.
- Experience of developing staff.
- A relevant professional Degree or Diploma or registration certificate as appropriate
- Evidence of continuous professional development
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.