Senior Environmental Health Officer
A brilliant opportunity for a Senior Environmental Health Officer in South London to act as a member of a team being responsible to a Team Manager for the provision of Environmental Health Services in a section of the Directorate.
- To assist the Team Manager in the preparation of budget estimates.
- To contribute to/prepare reports and attend meetings of committees, working parties, etc. as required.
- To meet and work in conjunction with senior staff of other directorates, departments, business partnerships, public bodies, authorities, voluntary groups and other organisations, to provide advice and guidance on policy and procedures to be followed in relation to the team’s area of activity in order to prevent contraventions and to promote good standards of practice.
- To assist in the preparation and submission of statistical and other returns (to government departments, professional institutions, etc.) on matters relating to the postholder’s area of responsibility.
- To undertake investigation, inspection and enforcement duties especially those of a more complex nature, including acting for the Council under delegated powers and giving evidence in legal proceedings and Public Enquiries.
- To review, identify and make recommendations on training needs on issues relating to the project’s area of activity and to undertake training as necessary: to devise and provide training to staff in other directorates and outside bodies.
- To represent the Team Manager as and when required.
- To input and retrieve data from computer systems in accordance with agreed guidelines.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of health and safety regulations and legislation, data protection legislation, the Council’s equal opportunities and customer care policies, code of conduct and any local agreements.
- Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent,
- HHSRS certified and Registration with the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB).
- Substantial and recent regulatory experience in Private Sector Housing/HMO’s including demonstrable experience of having taken high level enforcement work across a broad range of enforcement options.
- Experience of PACE, conducting interviews under caution, preparing evidence and obtaining warrants
- Ability to make an effective contribution to the training activities of the Division. Ability to delegate tasks and performance manage staff. Ability to contribute to policy and procedure formulation.
- Daily access to a car and a full UK driving licence. Able to attend events and meetings outside normal working hours, including early morning inspections under warrant (raids) and contribute to the Council’s response to civil emergencies.
Are you ready to take up the challenge?
To register your interest or for further information please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Senior Environmental Health Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly