Environmental Protection (Noise)
Our client in Essex is looking for an Environmental Protection Technical Officer to investigate Statutory Nuisances and associated Environmental Protection Team functions.
- To investigate complaints relating to statutory nuisance and Environmental Protection.
- To be able to install, collect, analyse and feedback on evidence gathered by using the Environmental Protection Teams sound recording equipment.
- To maintain accurate/comprehensive records of the intervention undertaken to address complaints on the Councils Uniform complaints database.
- To compile reports, witness statements and schedules etc to an excellent standard for the consideration of managers and to be used in legal proceedings to enforce legislation within the team's area of responsibility.
- To be able to complete comprehensive prosecution files, witness statements and Interviews under Caution, in line with the Resident Services Department model prosecution file.
- To attend court or other such tribunals as a witness for the authority in legal actions relating to the nuisance work of the team.
- To investigate complaints made concerning the work of the team and to prepare comprehensive responses to such complaints.
- To manage any assigned complaint investigations, projects or promotions.
- A sound understanding of the legal practice and procedures relating to Environmental Protection
- A working knowledge of the law relating to statutory nuisances.
- Knowledge of Environmental Protection standards
- Have experience of effectively using a sound level meter, analysing recorded data and its appropriate feedback
- Knowledge of acoustics and its use in the EP intervention area - IOA diploma etc
- Experience of investigating statutory nuisance complaints from industrial, trade, commercial and domestic premises.
- Experience of interpreting and applying complex technical standards and regulations in regard to consultations for Planning and Licensing Applications
- Experience of resolving complaints relating to statutory nuisance from smoke, grit, dust, odour, light, insects and noise.
- Enhanced DBS is required
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.