Working on behalf of a Local Authority in South London, Buckingham Futures has an excellent opportunity for a Licensing Manager to assist the Licensing & Technical Services Manager with the effective co-ordination, planning and delivery of Licensing and take day to day operational responsibility for the delivery of statutory services; which comply fully with relevant legislation and meet the needs of citizens.
The post holder will be required to take direct line management responsibility for assigned members of staff and liaise extensively Community Safety Area Managers, Elected Members, community organisations, Business Improvement Districts and other Council partners to deliver effective statutory services in line with the neighbourhood approach towards the delivery of Community Safety services.
- Licensing Officers x5 (PO1-PO3)
- Street Trading Licensing Officers x2 (PO3)
Key Unit Accountabilities
- To take operational management of the relevant Licensing and Street Trading services; ensuring that resources are used effectively to address priority issues and achieve performance and quality standards targets.
- To implement service strategies which align with legislative requirements, best practice guidance and organisational change as directed by the Licensing & Statutory Services Manager.
- To assist the Licensing & Technical Services Manager with the formulation and review of the relevant statutory policy and compliance protocols, and develop the appropriate monitoring procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- To develop performance management systems as directed by the Licensing & Technical Services Manager and establish protocols designed to deliver continuous service improvement.
- To produce detailed ‘outcome based’ service performance reports and take the appropriate management action to ensure that performance targets are achieved.
- To actively engage with Community Safety neighbourhood teams, residents, businesses and community groups; as directed by the Licensing & Technical Services Manager to establish local priorities and performance targets.
- To represent our clients Community Safety service at Council Committees, regulatory groups, pan London networks and strategic forums as directed by the Technical Services Manager.
- To provide technical advice on related Licensing and Trading Standards matters and provide detailed advice and guidance to Senior Managers, Elected Members, citizens and other stakeholders.
- To liaise extensively with Democratic and Legal services to oversee the management of the Council’s Sub Licensing Committee and take the appropriate management action to ensure that documents are referred to committee members within the relevant statutory timeframes.
- To undertake occasional practitioner work, personally, where appropriate to resolve highly complex issues and to ensure that sensitive or contentious cases are correctly managed.
- To liaise extensively with legal professionals, statutory bodies and senior colleagues as directed by the Licensing & Technical Services Manager to ensure full scale compliance with the relevant statutory legislation.
- To oversee the appropriate use of document and evidential control systems and develop the appropriate monitoring systems to ensure continued compliance with the Data Protection Act and Police & Criminal Evidence Act.
- To assist the Community Safety Business Development Manager with the implementation and review of the relevant income and debt management systems / protocols.
- To influence and negotiate with colleagues across the council to ensure that community safety issues/priorities are considered during the design and implementation of Council and partner initiatives.
- To assist the Licensing & Technical Services Manager in converting commissioned programmes, visions and strategies into operational reality; via the development and review of service delivery plans.
- To deputise for the Licensing & Technical Services Manager as and when required, providing the necessary support, advice and guidance.
Key knowledge and experience
- A relevant Licensing or technical qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent and membership of the Institute of Licensing.
- In-depth specialist knowledge of the licensing related legislation and the associated best practice, statutory guidance and procedures.
- At least two years’ experience in the delivery of similar Licensing or regulatory role within a public sector organisation
- Experience of producing witness statements, case files and evidential material in a similar enforcement or regulatory context.
- Experience of assessing licence applications and providing detailed advice & guidance in order to promote the licensing objectives.
Rates will be competitive and will reflect your experience and qualifications.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Licensing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly