Environmental Health Officer (Private Sector Housing & Protection)
Our Local Authority client in East London is looking to appoint an Environmental Health Officer to work alongside their Environment Protection and Housing team to start asap, initially for 5 months.
- Provide specialist technical advice on all issues relating to the work of Environmental Protection - Housing and be responsible for ensuring that such advice is given in accordance with the best professional standards, where appropriate assuming and exercising delegated statutory authority.
- By using appropriate interventions, using delegated powers and specialist skills (audit, inspection, enforcement powers, negotiation and persuasion) within all types of activity, within the Borough, with the aim to gain and ensure compliance with Environmental Health legislation so that the standards of public health are protected and enhanced for residents, businesses and visitors.
- As an authorised Officer provide professional / technical advice whilst undertaking Environmental Health Housing enforcement and inspection duties.
- Exercise delegated authority where authorised to act as an Officer or Inspector on behalf of the Council under the appropriate legislative provisions and ensure statutory responsibilities are properly and effectively discharged in relation to housing, including Houses in Multiple Occupation.
- To undertake more complex programmed and complaint inspections, surveys and investigations under relevant Environmental Health Legislation, including visiting sites alone taking necessary action, such visits will involve attending locations and encountering situations which may involve personal risk.
- Initiate and carry out enforcement and legal process functions in residential and commercial premises, including the prosecution, seizure or detention of` goods, issuing of notices, application for and execution of warrants necessitating the forced entry to premises.
- Participate in the preparation of policies, procedures and guidance notes and the development of quality assurance and system manuals on good practice.
- To prepare correspondence and reports for, and represent the Section at Committees / Sub·Committees, or be a representative of the Council at Forums, Multi-disciplinary working groups, etc.
- To represent the Council on liaison and multi—disciplinary working groups both within and outside the Borough and ensure appropriate liaison with all interested parties on issues including the public, elected members, other Council Dept’s and other Local Authorities.
The work will include routine responses to service requests, statutory nuisance work, including noise. You will also be expected to carry out the full range of duties associated with private sector housing enforcement including HMO'S and HHSRS inspections.
To apply you will need to have recent work experience in a similar capacity, having at least a minimum of two years post qualification experience of pollution and housing enforcement in a Local Authority.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.