Public Protection / Air Quality Project Officer
A brilliant opportunity for a Public Protection / Air Quality Project Officer in Cambridgeshire to carry out Local Air Quality Management duties under the Environment Act 1995, Part IV and co-ordinate the implementation and updating of the council’s Air Quality Action Plan and to participate in other air quality management and air quality monitoring programmes and to ensure co-ordinated action on air quality matters with other relevant parties particularly transport, planning and sustainability
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop, implement and monitor the performance of the Air Quality Action Plan.
- To develop and implement policies to improve air quality.
- To take a lead role in facilitating the council adopting and delivering best practice with regard Air Quality, including encouraging colleagues in other departments and external partners to make a similar commitment.
- To prepare and submit bids for external funding e.g. DEFRA, ERDF.
- To Identify economic instruments (such as taxes, subsidies, trading schemes) that would aid behavioural choices of local businesses and community by altering the costs and benefits of different actions.
- To promote awareness of Air Quality across the Council and the wider local businesses and community.
- To examine and comment on planning applications relative to Air Quality and Air Quality Management Areas and seek S106 contributions for Air Quality where appropriate.
- To facilitate and develop the Air Quality Steering Group.
- To develop promotional and educational campaigns on air quality issues and to assist in the establishment of key programmes within schools and communities.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the council meets statutory reporting deadlines for air quality management duties.
- To Represent the Department at meetings and working groups within the local authority and with outside organisations.
- To deal with enquiries from Members, residents, businesses, consultants and colleagues across the council regarding air quality in the borough.
- To keep informed in respect of new legislation affecting the work of the Department.
- To Liase with all other officers, other departments and outside bodies on matters of mutual concern.
- Assuming responsibilities of all other Environmental Protection Officers and subordinate staff when necessary.
Possession of a Degree and or Diploma in an Environmental or Scientific Discipline or proven relevant experience in air quality.
- Experience in delivering measures to improve Air Quality
- Experience in the implementation of Air Quality Action Plans
- Experience in dealing with enquiries from the public in a sympathetic and positive manner.
- Experience in conducting correspondence, writing reports and presenting information.
- Experience in promoting the awareness of air quality.
- Experience of Air Quality Monitoring Stations and understanding of Data
- Experience in evaluating air quality data and making recommendations concerning planning applications and other proposals that have potential impact.
Skills & Abilities:
- A good understanding of the Local Air Quality Management regimes and duties of the Local Authority.
- An ability to build working partnerships with internal and external colleagues in order to achieve project aims.
Our client require someone who can start ASAP and the contract will run for an initial 3 months.
Rates will be competitive and will reflect your experience and qualifications.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.