Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Environmental Protection)
A brilliant opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer in South London
Main Purpose of the Job
- To carry out a range of duties as a member of the Environmental Protection (EP)
- The team are responsible for; dealing with statutory nuisances, noise problems, drainage and public health complaints, improving private water supplies, environmental crime, responding to planning and licensing consultations and other related functions.
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- To respond to and investigate complaints, requests for service and environmental offences arising within the district reported by members of the public and others. This includes matters relating to drainage, statutory nuisances, environmental pollution, noise and other matters of public health Following investigation, to identify appropriate options to remedy all environmental health problems or nuisances identified, including the giving of advice and the preparation of letters, notices and legal/technical reports. This is primarily an enforcement role and the post holder will be expected to make use of all statuary guidance and legislation.
- To carry out site investigations, make recommendations and prepare reports in connection with planning and licensing consultations. To make appropriate use of environmental monitoring equipment such as noise meters provided for the
- To plan and take appropriate action to remedy nuisances and other matters in default of statutory
- To respond to environmental health, public health or general emergencies in accordance with the role of the Environmental Health service and in particular the role of the Environmental Protection
- A thorough working knowledge of all Environmental Health legislation and practice to do with Environmental
- Practical working experience of all aspects and procedures to do with Environmental
- Two years relevant experience in the field of Environmental
- Experience of dealing with contentious/high profile Environmental Protection
- Degree in Environmental Health and CIEH Registration or equivalent.
Are you ready to take up the challenge?
To register your interest or for further information please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.