Our client in East London is recruiting for an Interim Enforcement Manager to line manage responsibility for delivering the Council’s Enforcement services which includes a range of enforcement functions from street scene, parks protection, anti-social behaviour officers and the community wardens within estates. The post will also oversee the Council CCTV service. The post holder has 5 direct reports.
- The postholder will be required to work 36 hrs per week with the requirement to work outside ‘normal’ office hours as requested by their line manager.
- The postholder has financial and resources responsibility for approximately £400,000 Capital budget, £2,000,000 controllable revenue budget including income, and a diverse complement of approximately 45 staff.
- A high level of achievement in the leadership and management of staff and other resources
- Experience of developing and leading enforcement services and managing change.
- Experience of delivering projects from inception to completion including development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review
- Experience of developing and getting agreement to a work programme
- Experience of operational, legal (including court work) and technical issues and policies relevant to appropriate area(s) of work
- Experience of working with external agencies and the private sector
- Experience of Customer Care Practice and contact with the general public
- Experience of the use of ICT, the MS Windows operating system, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Experience of the use of MS Access
- Experience of financial planning and budgetary control
- Experience of writing reports, correspondence, briefing notes giving operational, technical, policy or strategic information
- Experience of reporting to committees, forums, strategic groups and formal and informal meetings
- Experience of business planning and performance management processes
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of quality management systems
- Experience in cross-authority working
- Experience in customer care initiatives including community based consultation, focus groups and other means of customer engagement
- Experience in operating at both day to day and strategic management levels
- Experience in business management
- A degree or relevant academic or professional qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation
Rates will be competitive and will reflect your experience and qualifications.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.