Air Quality Officer
Working on behalf of a Local Authority in Eastern England, Buckingham Futures has an excellent opportunity for an Air Quality Officer.
Main duties and responsibilities
- implementation of the Local Air Quality Management regime which includes:
- submission of updating and screening assessments, detailed assessments, progress
reports and air quality action plans according to Defra guidance and deadlines
- co-ordinate steering groups and workshops for air quality action plans and carrying out
- implement and co-ordinate air quality monitoring including the replacement of diffusion
tubes on a monthly basis and the calibration of the continuous analysers
- prepare and submit bids for Defra air quality grant funding (when applicable).
- procure the services of air quality consultants as and when required
- manage and lead on the implementation and delivery of actions detailed within current
and/or future air quality action plans.
- manage and review the service contracts for the air quality equipment and data management.
Liaise with contractors to ensure that the air quality equipment is maintained and operating
correctly. Ensure that the data management contractors are providing a good service. Prepare
an annual review of maintenance contracts. Maintain any ancillary spares for air quality
equipment, e.g. filter paper, diffusion tube holders. Maintain a good working knowledge of the
equipment and provide training for other officers as and when required.
- carry out public promotion and education campaigns on air quality issues. Actively look for
opportunities to promote air quality within the council and other external organisations
- represent the council at meetings and forums. Prepare reports for management, committees
and give presentations. Some meetings will take place outside of office hours. Accompany
and support management at committee and senior management meetings
- maintain, update and where possible improve web pages relating to air quality
- investigate air quality complaints, enquiries and requests for information in accordance with
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not a