Environmental Health Officer/ Environmental Health Practitioner
Buckingham Futures have exciting opportunities for Environmental Health Officer/ Environmental Health Practitioner in South London to work in a busy and forward-looking food and safety team to start ASAP, initially for 3 months contract.
Rate £28.00 - £35.00 per hour.
- Undertake food hygiene and health and safety interventions in all risk categories and types of premises
- Investigate food complaints and complaints relating to food premises
- Investigate complaints relating to health and safety, including reportable accidents and dangerous occurrences
- Participation in the food sampling programme
- Investigate cases of food poisoning and other infectious diseases
- Assist with the development of operational policies and procedures for the food and safety team
- Undertake enforcement action as appropriate and in line with the councils’ enforcement policy
- Qualified environmental health officer / food and safety officer with EHORB / EHRB registration (or equivalent).
- Full driving licence
- Experience of inspecting premises requiring in depth knowledge of legislation
- Experience of investigating complaints and service requests
- Comply with the competency requirements for Authorised Officers as detailed in the Food Law Code of Practice
- Ability to progress projects and enforcement cases in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
NB - A copy of relevant qualifications, CPD certificates and certificates of registration with EHORB/EHRB must be held on file by Buckingham Futures before the contract commences
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.