Working on behalf of a Local Authority in West London, Buckingham Futures has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health Officer who has acoustic experience and experience in dealing with construction sites and planning and licensing applications including appearing in front of Licensing sub committees.
- To be part of a team concerned with enforcing legislation within the Council by means of enforcement, advice and education.
- To be conversant with the operation and application of the Service's compute systems and other information technology.
- To maintain an awareness of the legislation and regulations in respect of Health and Safety at work, fostering safe working practices.
- To maintain an awareness of the Council's legal duties and policy objectives in respect of equal opportunities and customer care, and to ensure that they are implemented in practice.
- To participate in training to achieve personal development.
- To carry out duties outside normal working hours as may be necessary, subject to mutually agreed arrangements
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain a high degree of knowledge on environmental protection issues. Keep fully conversant with all legislative and technical developments in relation to the function of the sections. Keep abreast of relevant legislation, guidance, Codes of Practice or other information sources relevant to the technical area involved.
- To prepare, as necessary, reports and statements of evidence for legal proceedings resulting from the contravention of environmental protection legislation and to attend court, to give evidence on behalf of the Council.
- To prepare as necessary proofs of evidence, rebuttal evidence, notes for cross-examination for Planning Inquiries, public hearings etc and to give evidence relating to environmental issues on behalf of the Council.
- To exercise professional judgment over the range of assigned duties and determine and implement appropriate courses of action, working on one's own initiative and within established policies and performance standards.
- Undertake inspections in accordance with current procedures to ensure the Council complies with its responsibilities under the relevant legislation, identifying required remedial action.
- To carry out duties outside normal working hours as may be necessary subject to mutually agreed arrangements.
- To provide professional advice and/or take appropriate enforcement action on environmental protection issues raised by Members of Parliament, public, councillors, other public and private organisations, officers from other departments of the Council.
- Maintain an awareness of the legislation and regulations in respect of Health and Safety at Work, foster safe working practices.
- Maintain an awareness of Council's legal duties and policy objectives in respect of equal opportunities and customer care and ensure that they are implemented in practice.
- To inspect, as necessary plans submitted for planning and building control approval and provide comments relating to environmental issues.
- To supervise, where necessary, works in default by contractors following non- compliance with statutory notices and to ensure works are carried out satisfactorily and recorded properly to enable the Council to recover its costs.
- As part of air quality management, inspect, review and enforce authorisation conditions for prescribed processes in accordance with established procedures and best practice.
A Degree or diploma in Environmental Health or relevant science degree with a scientific/technical background. Evidence of continuing professional development
Good knowledge of environmental protection legislation, in particular part 3 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, with the ability to carry out effective abatement actions. Experience in assessing potential environmental impacts of developments as part of the planning process
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
To register your interest or for further information please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Acoustic Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly