Senior Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer (Commercial)
Our client in West London is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer (Commercial) to start ASAP.
- Complete duties associated with food safety, health and safety, water quality, caravan site safety, infectious disease control and environmental health licensing.
- Provide technical and legislative advice to the Service Manager – Environmental Health in delivering relevant policy and procedures, including maintaining a high level of expertise in the above areas.
- Carry out proactive inspections of ‘commercial’ premises including food premises, workplaces, caravan sites and licensable animal welfare premises.
- Review proposed and actual changes to the legislative and other frameworks within which the services operates (or from other areas that may impact the service). Provide responses to consultations and develop briefings and guidance on the impacts of changes.
- To participate in the planning and implementation of Health Education and Promotion including CIEH health and safety and food courses and other seminars
- To attend court hearings, committee meetings and public meetings to provide expert advice.
Management / Supervisory / Responsibilities
- Provide line management of, and advice and support to, Technical Officers and Environmental Health Officers undertaking investigations, inspections, licensing visits, and enforcement actions in relation to the above matters.
- Monitor and assist in the management of caseloads across the team to ensure targets are achieved and that workload is prioritised to meet the overall needs of the service.
- Assist in the preparation of legal paperwork including case files and statements. To attend court hearings, committee meetings and public meetings to provide expert advice.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.