Health and Safety Adviser
Our client in South London is recruiting for a Health and Safety Adviser
- To contribute to the provision of a competent client focused health and safety advisory service to secure compliance with relevant Health and Safety Policy and Safety Management System, applicable legal requirements and, where relevant, best practice standards.
- Support and advise colleagues, including senior managers, to enable them to fulfil their health and safety related roles and responsibilities.
- Design, develop and deliver health and safety training, briefings and presentations to enable the Council to ensure that managers and workers have the necessary competence to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
- Consult with and coordinate activities, as necessary, with other members of the Health and Safety Team to ensure that service users are competently supported and advised and that services are provided in a timely manner.
- Create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with other Services in order to assist them in the promotion and application of Health and Safety requirements within their working environments.
- Monitor and review reports of incidents, occupational diseases, dangerous occurrences and “near misses” so that appropriate investigations may be carried out and, in appropriate circumstances, the relevant enforcing authorities can be notified.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- COSHH Trained Provision of advice to managers/supervisors
- Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.