Pollution Technical Officer
Our client in West London is recruiting for a Pollution Technical Officer to start ASAP.
- To coordinate the logging, filtering and the distribution of requests for planning consultations from Planning Services
- To advise planning colleagues, developers and their environmental consultants on the pollution impacts of proposed developments
- To assist in the management of the Council’s air quality monitoring network
- To respond to questions, correspondence and complaints, from members of the public, Councillors, and others.
- To use IT systems to their fullest potential to maintain and improve service delivery.
- A relevant professional Environmental Degree/Diploma or professional registration certificate as appropriate.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory basis of environmental impact mitigation in the areas of dust, exhaust emissions and noise.
- Knowledge of working in partnership with other internal services and external bodies such as voluntary groups, external service providers, private sector partners and government agencies to deliver integrated and improved services.
- Knowledge and application of the Environment Protection Act and associated legislation, and national, regional and local policy relevant to service area including requirements for public consultation.
- Demonstrable effective use of a variety of ICT systems, (e.g. GIS)
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.