Our client in West London is recruiting for a Licensing Officer to start ASAP.
To assist in the administration and promote compliance of duties in respect of various licensing services, including those provisions under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Private Hire & Hackney Carriage legislation, Scrap Metal Dealers etc.
To assist the Licensing Team Leader in providing efficient Licensing administration and compliance provisions in respect of the various areas of licensing, including the Licensing Act, the Gambling Act, Private Hire/Hackney Carriage licensing, Motor Salvage and Scrap Metal Registration, House to House and Street Collections etc
Key Roles, Tasks and Responsibilities
- To assist in the processing, determination, issue, maintenance and compliance of applications and licences issued under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Houses of Multiple Occupancy, Private Hire/Hackney Carriage legislation and other forms of licenses and registrations issued by the Council.
- To deal with day to day enquiries received by the Licensing Authority.
- To provide advice and guidance to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation and application procedures.
- To assist the Licensing Team Leader in the preparation and presentation of reports to relevant Committees.
- To assist the Licensing Team Leader in ensuring that the Licensing Authorities policies, procedures, leaflets and other documentation are updated as required.
- To maintain a specialist knowledge of licensing legislation.
- To co-operate and liaise with partnership agencies, local authorities and responsible authorities on licensing and compliance matters.
- To assist in ensuring that the divisional website is updated as required.
- To maintain computerised and manual licensing systems to ensure continued effectiveness in relation to systems thinking principles.
- Experience as a Licensing Officer in Licensing or related discipline (e.g. Environmental Health, Police) including enforcement activities
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders from public, private and third sector organisations
- Experience of conducting licensing inspections in the area specified, including reference to associated areas of work.
Education, Qualifications and Training
- Hold HHSRS certificate and have experience of working with HMO's in a Residential Licensing team
- Holds a recognised formal licensing qualification in Licensing, which can include Btec in Licensing, SELP Certificate in Licensing, or relevant related subject such as a Environmental Health qualification, OR substantial experience of a minimum of 5 years in a specialist field of Licensing Services operational delivery
- Completion of any necessary associated course to licensing inspections to be conducted
- Current clean, full UK driving licence
- Evidence of continuing professional development
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.