Pollution Technical Officer
Buckingham Futures have exciting opportunities for Pollution Technical Officer in West London to work in a busy and forward-looking food and safety team to start ASAP, initially for 3 months.
- To coordinate the logging, filtering and the distribution of requests for planning consultations from Planning Services
- To advise planning colleagues, developers and their environmental consultants on the pollution impacts of proposed developments
- To assist in the management of the Council’s air quality monitoring network
- To respond to questions, correspondence and complaints, from members of the public, Councillors, and others.
- To use IT systems to their fullest potential to maintain and improve service delivery.
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory basis of environmental impact mitigation in the areas of dust, exhaust emissions and noise.
- Ability to implement systems & procedures, including the ability to use a variety of ICT packages
- Ability to manage personal workload and time, and to apply these skills throughout the service
- Ability to plan, manage and implement small-scale projects and to use these skills to assist colleagues on larger scale projects.
- Knowledge of working in partnership with other internal services and external bodies such as voluntary groups, external service providers, private sector partners and government agencies to deliver integrated and improved services.
- Application of the democratic process and the ability to create effective working relationships with Councillors, to drive and prioritise service delivery and improvements.
- Knowledge and application of the Environment Protection Act and associated legislation, and national, regional and local policy relevant to service area including requirements for public consultation.
- Proven communication skills, with the proven ability to present to a diverse range of internal and external audiences using a variety of media and approaches
- Demonstrable effective use of a variety of ICT systems, (e.g. GIS)
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.