Our client in North London is looking for a Arborist to work with the council and its stakeholders to ensure the parks and other open spaces throughout the Borough are attractive, clean, safe and welcoming at all times.
- Planting, pruning (root, branch and crown reduction) training, pest and disease control, lopping, felling and grubbing out
- Maintain all hand tools and associated equipment used in arboricultural operations to include ropes, ladders and power tools such as; chain saws, jacks, winches, wood chippers and stump grinders.
- Work on trees of an unlimited height and size.
- Undertake appropriate training as required keeping up to date with current legislation.
- To undertake ‘on the job’ training of Assistant Arborists and or Apprentices to meet the needs of the service, record all details of training.
- To undertake all arboricultural operations on corporate sites that you are instructed to work on, to include cordoning off work areas.
- Qualified and experienced to carry out chainsaw maintenance i.e. CS30.1 - Chainsaw Maintenance
- Qualified and experienced to use small chainsaw to cross-cut and stack timber i.e. CS30.2 - Cross-cut and stack small diameter using chainsaw
- Qualified and experienced in felling and processing small trees i.e. CS31 – Fell and Process small trees
- Qualified and experienced to perform aerial rescues i.e. CS38 - Climb Trees and Perform Aerial Rescue
- Qualified and experienced in use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness at height i.e. CS39 – Use a chainsaw from rope and harness
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, codes of practice and procedures relating to the management of trees.
- First aid
- Lantra/City & Guilds – Stump Grinding operations
- Lantra/City & Guilds – Wood Chipper operations
- MEWP & Chainsaw use in MEWP
- Full Driving Licence
- City & Guilds - Street works Signing Lighting and Guarding
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.