Air Quality Officer
Our client in Cambridgeshire is looking for a Air Quality Officer with immediate affect for a 12 month contract.
- To pro actively collate and consolidate existing air quality modelling, monitoring and traffic data to establish definitive baseline air quality conditions.
- To use the available budget to commission and interpret air quality modelling works to cover any omissions / gaps in the existing body of data.
- To scope, and implement the production of a comprehensive feasibility study and implementation plan for the establishment of an appropriate ‘Clean Air Zone’ for the council.
- Using available guidance, to establish a written procedure for the assessment of the impact of proposed Deal funded transport interventions on Air Quality.
- Where interventions relate to access interventions or will not otherwise be assessed to commission modelling, interpret and report on the likely cumulative impact of interventions.
- Where interventions form part of wider capital transport schemes, that will be subject to planning processes, the post-holder will ensure that the established procedures for assessment of air quality impacts are followed, interpreted and reported appropriately.
- To set up and manage and/or procure relationships with other Council services, Local Authorities, contractors, consultants, central government departments, commercial and voluntary organisations. These can include contractual relationships with the requirement to continuously monitor performance to ensure partnerships continue to deliver benefit to the Council and offer value for money.
- To identify and bid for external funding opportunities to support the Council’s air quality related activity that can meet the service objectives. All opportunities must be delivered within the scope of resources available to the team.
- To assist in the development of air quality and low emission strategies and policies that can be delivered alongside local and national policies and to ensure they meet the Council's objectives where possible.
- Significant experience in a similar post
- Experience of delivering a range of projects to cost, time and quality
- Experience of assimilating a range of complex technical information and relating it to non-technical audiences
- Relevant experience of partnership working across a range of stakeholders within a changing policy environment
- Experience of contract management and procurement requirements.
- Ability to manage a budget
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Good knowledge of the Law and Guidance relating to Air Quality and Transport
- Educated to Masters Degree level
- Air Quality related qualification
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.