Risk and Compliance Manager
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Risk and Compliance Manager to manage the five main risk areas that this role will be responsible for and these are:
- Responsibility for ensuring that The Councilis compliant with relevant legislation and statutory responsibilities in relation to all risk areas and Health & Safety practices and procedures are regularly reviewed and adhered to.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of risk assessments for all operations within the post holders remit and to ensure continued day to day monitoring and review, in line with The Councils performance management operational procedures, and Construction Design and Management 2007 (CDM) requirements.
- Manage and develop the review strategy based on remaining risk, sites subject to near miss reports, incidents, and major works. Be responsible for ensuring a Incident Log is kept, analysing for trends/patterns and providing recommendations on effective allocation of resources
- Review, update and draft departmental policies and strategies.
- Review asset management and compliance team resources and methods of working to identify opportunities to deliver better service levels and efficiencies.
- Arrange for regular compliance audit for each risk area and implement any action plans and update PAM audit/risk plan and controls in conjunction with Business Support Manager.
- In liaison with other departments develop effective handover procedures for the management of new schemes coming into management.
- Manage, monitor and control the technical resources required to deliver the differing work streams required to deliver within the 5 risk areas and to review and report on performance, making recommendations and acting, where necessary, to meet the required business and service targets.
- To update all database and management system relating to the 5 risk areas, liaising with all associated service providers to ensure that the management systems are fully compliant with legislative requirements.
- Be responsibility for organising and managing the fire safety within residential housing stock in accordance with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform [Fire Safety] Order 2005 and the asbestos removal, surveying and pest Control contracts covering The Councils stock and estates.
- Ensure that all Fire Risk Assessments are carried out in a timely manner and that the risks and action identified are recorded, acted upon and tracked to completion.
- Manage the FRA's to carry out the duties and for reporting all matters related to the RRO and fire safety generally within the residential stock to the Head of PAM at regular review meetings.
- To input data received from Project Teams and external partners who are required to provide updates for the systems register
- Ensure that the appropriate design, surveys, specifications are undertaken in accordance with Building Regulations,
- To work with external contractors and their surveying companies to help implement and interpret complex technical data and test the system interfaces to export survey data in an appropriate format.
- To be responsible for support and training requirements of PAM members in using all Registers, Asset Management database and the mobile handheld equipment used to populate data in the Asset Management database.
- Responsibility for the budget management of all the risk areas, to ensure receipt of accurate financial data from the finance system for monitoring, reporting and projections against targets, for current and full year expenditure/cash flow.
- Ensuring that external consultants/contractors' deliver effectively projects or programmes within the agreed budget costs and taking corrective measures as necessary.
- Authorise payments to contractors following scrutiny, in line with the payment terms agreed and monitor spend profiles and compare to current activity and report to Senior Management on required actions. To be responsible for recommending and initiating appropriate corrective action(s) as applicable.
- Responsible for the review and management of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with all internal service providers ie Hygiene Services (Pest Control) including monitoring in accordance with the general Terms and Conditions governing the SLA, ensuring that it meets The Councils service delivery requirements.
- Responsibility for reviewing the annual SLA to ensure this meets the needs and requirements of The Councils' service delivery.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all the 5 risk areas where work Programmes are planned have been reviewed so that they are effectively planned to ensure that they meet the statutory requirements
- Review performance of engaged contractors through the use of national agreed KPI management and scrutiny ensuring that performance targets are set, monitored, reported and analysed and appropriate actions taken.
- Seek and use benchmarking information and feedback from service users via satisfaction surveys, resident representatives, complaints, etc. to identify, analyse and implement service improvements.
- To be responsible for the resolution of operational issues, complaints and enquiries in line with statutory procedures. This will include regular liaison with both in-house and external stakeholders.
- Responsible to ensure the internal database is regularly updated with completed Fire Risk Assessments. To Concerto were the FRA are stored and managed.
- To be responsible for the management and delivery of the Fire Risk Assessment re-survey programme by ensuring that Fire Risk Assessments to communal areas and all types of domestic dwellings are being carried out within The Council, including resurveys following any ‘major works’ carried out to the
- Responsible for developing a partnership approach with the London Fire Brigade, to ensure that they are kept informed of works programmes and timescales for completion and are supplied accurate information on a timely basis, meet with the Borough Commander on a quarterly basis showing progress on how the Council deals with Fire related projects.
- Provide recommendations to the H&S Manager on procedures/methods for continual improvements to all risk area policies, in line with current regulations, improvements/changes in legislation, and good practice, keeping up to date on any changes resulting from Liaise with Programme Manager and Senior Managers to co-ordinate work stream and the most effective use of existing work programmes. Such as re-wires, emergency lighting etc work streams.
- Submit and liaise with Leasehold and Income Services with regards Section 20 Notices. Manage enquiries from leaseholders etc
- Mange enforcement notices / notification of fire deficiencies to ensure compliance, re-prioritise existing work programmes to accommodate in accordance with risk and within budget restraints, working closely with the LFB on behalf of the London Borough of The Council.
- Provide a written monthly progress report, programme update on all risk areas.
- Provide and maintain a record of actions taken, works done, spend and projected future budget requirements.
- Assist and advise The Council to dissolve their duties under the regulations relating to the 5 risk areas.
- Keep up to date with current regulations, advice on changes of legislation and or good practice.
Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- A relevant qualification (RICS or CIOB) and a good practical understanding of asset management, along with excellent communication, influencing, and listening skills.
- Extensive experience within the Compliance/Risk area
- A sound knowledge of Building Regulations relating to Compliance covering all 5 risk areas
- Have technical knowledge and understanding of construction details relevant to Housing (general properties and system building), including simple domestic scale repairs. Also of typical failures and appropriate repair strategies for these details.
- The successful candidate must have experience of working in the Asset Management field
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.