Environmental Health Practitioner
Job Title: Environmental Health Practitioner
Hours p/w: 37
Full time/ Permanent Position
Salary: £ 33,437 – £ 37,306
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 08/09/2017
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
We are looking for a motivated Environmental Health Practitioner to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will cover the broad range of environmental health topics. As part of this you will be required to assist in the delivery of our food safety official controls programme and have the ability to investigate a range of food safety and health and safety matters.
You will possess strong communication, organisational and time management skills, be able to prioritise workloads and be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- EHORB registered or equivalent
- Food Competent as defined by the FSA Code of Practice
- Experience of taking enforcement action
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/f7F5cv via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 8th September 2017
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.