Planning Enforcement Officer
Our client in South London is recruiting for a Planning Enforcement Officer to start asap initially for 3 months.
The post holder would be responsible for the provision of specialist technical and professional advice relating to the provision of a responsive and proactive enforcement service with particular responsibility for ensuring that development proceeds in compliance with the planning decisions
This will include investigating complaints of alleged breaches of planning control, mediating between complainants and alleged offenders and progressing legal action and attending Court, as may be required.
- To investigate alleged breaches of planning control in accordance with Department’s
Planning Enforcement Policy.
- To conduct site visits, interview complainants, alleged suspects and other interested parties, as required as part of the evidence gathering process, in order to investigate alleged breaches.
- To utilise specialist software to document, log and update any complaint details and findings (including taking photographs, notes of discussions and mediating with the complainants and alleged offenders).
- To analyse the details of each case and assess the nature and severity of the breach against planning considerations in order to determine the most appropriate action.
- To report both orally and in writing, unresolved breaches to the Head of Development
Management and address the outcome of their findings.
- Under guidance to carry out negotiations and discussion with private interests concerned to resolve alleged contravention where possible, and as necessary to assist planning officers to deal with any formal applications that may arise from there.
- To deal efficiently and courteously with visitors to the office, telephone enquiries and other correspondence, providing assistance and guidance on general planning and enforcement matters.
- Liaise with planning officers as required on breaches.
To properly deliver the requirements of this post it is expected that the post holder will have the following qualification/professional membership:
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above: including English and Mathematics (or equivalent) and commitment to further training.
- Hold or currently enrolled on a course and working towards obtaining a Degree (or equivalent qualification) in planning, or related discipline, allowing progression to formal planning qualification and eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Planning Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly