Environmental Protection / Street Scene Enforcement Officer
Our client in West London is recruiting for an Environmental Protection / Street Scene Enforcement Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To enforce environmental and other legislation in respect of anti-social behaviour, litter, fly posting, fly tipping, graffiti and dog control in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures. This includes gathering evidence, taking witness statements and carrying out interviews in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, issuing fixed penalty notices, preparing case files and attendance in court.
- To investigate complaints in respect of, anti-social behaviour litter, fly posting, fly tipping, graffiti, dog fouling, microchipping, animal welfare and dog control, keeping complainants informed of progress.
- To assist in the development and execution of local education, awareness and enforcement campaigns and associated publicity, including attendance at meetings, carrying out presentations, and reporting on these activities.
- Carry out the Council’s enforcement responsibilities under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 as determined by the Environmental Services Manager or Team Leader (Wardens) in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
- To carry out daily patrols of the borough in accordance with a work rota in order to reduce and detect contraventions of the relevant legislation.
- To collect stray dogs and seize any dangerously out of control dogs and transport them to an approved place of safekeeping.
- To undertake investigations and enforcement action, and provide guidance with regards to abandoned and untaxed vehicles, and nuisance parking.
- To undertake investigations and enforcement action, and provide guidance with regards to smoke free legislation by formal and information means including the issue of fixed penalty notices.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.