Street Scene Enforcement Officer
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Street Scene Enforcement Officer
Main Purpose of the Job/Key Objectives:
- Enforce a range of StreetScene issues including environmental protection, waste management, highways and other relevant legislation. This will include dealing with fly tipping, duty of care, litter, fly-posting, graffiti, dog foul, anti-social behaviour and nuisance vehicles.
- Provide professional advice, actions and support in accordance with the Council’s corporate objectives, statutory responsibilities and environmental policies.
- Facilitate and undertake PACE interviews
- a)Working experience in an enforcement role covering waste and highways inspection and maintenance within a streetscene Previous knowledge or experience in anti-social behaviour etc. would be of benefit.
- b)Awareness of local authority planning, environmental health and licensing functions.
- c)Practicing knowledge of waste and highways legislation including:
1) Environmental Protection Act 1990
2) Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
3) Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
4) Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014
5) Refuse Disposal (Amenities) Act 1978
6) The Antisocial Behaviour Act 2003
7) Highways Act 1980
8) New Roads and Street Works Act 1993
9) Traffic Management Act 2004
- d)Officers need a working knowledge of The Data Protection Act - Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act – Localisim Act and similar constraining legislation, guidance or codes of practice.
- e)Enforcing and promoting compliance with waste and highways related criminal law.
- f)Carrying out programmes of work to required standards, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- g)Effective enforcement experience across a range of functions including investigating, collecting evidence, preparing cases and giving evidence in court.
A professional qualification or suitable training in Environmental Law or Highways legislation and/or maintenance is desirable.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.