Geographical Information Systems Manager
Our client in West London is recruiting for a GIS Manager to support the ICT Development Manager by organising and managing the GIS team in order to ensure the continual improvement and development of Geographical Information Systems to meet the requirements and constraints imposed by various legislative regimes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To act as the Authority Liaison Officer and LLPG Custodian as required under the
Mapping Services Agreement. Ensuring the Councils compliance with the contractual
agreement and ensure adherence to the Copyright requirements both internally and by
third party users;
- Keep a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement,
Local Land and Property Gazetteer, associated legislation and codes of practice
including BS766(2006), Crown copyright, Intellectual Property Rights and DTF7.3
protocols for data transfer.
- To maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of analytical and research
- To understand the issues involved in creating and maintaining a LLPG including the
property development cycle and the different sources through which property change
information may come within a local authority.
- To understand the NLPG initiative and have knowledge of the benefits to be gained fromimplementing and maintaining a LLPG. Providing specialist support and advice to users and departments within the Council regarding integration of systems with the LLPG.
- To have an in-depth knowledge of databases including design, creation and data extract
- To have Local Government experience together with a substantial background in theimplementation and management of Geographical Information Systems, and as Local Land & Property Gazetteer Custodian and Authority Liaison Officer.
- To provide specialist advice to the IT Manager on GIS, taking a proactive role inidentifying new products and industry standards that can be used to enhance the systems and benefit the users, Council and customers.
- To be the central point of expertise for the GIS systems, providing support and advice tothe users of these systems, with responsibility for developing further usage throughout the council, establishing their GIS requirements and implementing solutions to meet their needs and supporting and maintaining these systems. Including the integration of mapping and LLPG functionality on the Intranet and Internet.
- To maintain/ensure compliance with the Mapping Services Agreement,which incorporates the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the proper licensing of mapping for use within the Council and by third party suppliers or partners.
- To Supervise the GIS officer and be responsible for the day to day running of the GIS supportfunction and ensuring the availability of resources to meet major new installations and upgrades.
- To regularly review all functional operations with a view to maximising efficiency, and tomonitor the continued effectiveness of the service area consistent with Council policies.
- To assist in the review of Corporate policies appertaining to the service area and to makechanges to policies to ensure effective service delivery.
- To lead on GIS developments including project management, procurement and liaisingwith the ICT Development Manager and the PC/Network Support Manager to ensure the smooth implementation of projects and developments.
- To ensure in association with the ICT Development Manager that effective proceduresare in place in respect of emergency response, disaster recovery and business
- To ensure that all systems conform to the ICT strategy, IT security policy, all other ICTstandards etc., and international and national standards are adhered to and report on any non-compliances.
- To assist the ICT Development Manager in reviewing the effect of new or amendedlegislation, and Council and Government initiatives on resourcing and service standards, assisting the ICT Manager in the formulation of strategies and policies in respect of GIS and ICT related areas
- To identify developments which would enhance the service provision of the GIS andLLPG function including any potential changes to policies. To create and deliver a project plan to tight deadlines including specifications and Testing
- To promote the LLPG both throughout the authority and externally and ensure itsintegration with other Council Systems, as the core property database.
- To formulate and document technical processes.
- To be able to analyse changing situations, accurately and make effective decisions.Attend appropriate national or regional working and user groups relating to GIS, LLPG and, the Mapping Services Agreement.
- To ensure that the Council’s statutory Street Naming and Numbering function is fullyintegrated and managed within the maintenance procedure for the LLPG, so that any changes arising are incorporated into the LLPG at the outset.
- To monitor Planning and other consents and where appropriate ensure that any changesare reflected in the LLPG.
- To carry out site inspections to identify the locations of new and altered properties, landparcels and resolve issues raised by discrepancies with other datasets.
- Manage the integration of the LLPG within the National and Local Street Gazetteer.
- To develop and subsequently manage G.I.S. based data management systems and datasharing initiatives within the Crime and Disorder Act legislation and the JIN Partnership.
- To manage the electronic New Roads and Street Works and Environment Agencyinformation received by the Council.
- To manage the setup and ongoing administration of the Land Charges system on behalfof the Legal Department and to implement technological improvements in line with national recommendations and legislative requirements.
- To Manage the GIS User group, plan agreed improvements, report and guide the ICTDevelopment Manager on the future direction.
- To investigate and resolve public, members and user communications.
- To manage the organisation and delivery of training to web authorisers and editors.
- To manage the organisation and delivery of training to GIS and other system usersthrough a variety of mediums.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.