Environmental Protection Officer
Our client in North London is recruiting for an Environmental Protection Officer.
to work as part of a Team responsible for the Council’s duties mainly in relation to abandoned vehicles but also investigation and control of public health issues, statutory nuisances, drainage, flytipping, dog fouling and littering
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To visit and inspect residential and commercial premises and enforce legislation within the borough to ensure the maintenance of statutory duties and required environmental standards.
2. To organise and participate in neighbourhood environmental improvement initiatives and to assist in the development of special projects and partnerships in relation to activities outlined in the service plan.
3. To participate in environmental monitoring and other sampling programmes and to advise customers on any follow up action.
4. To produce letters, reports, statements and other appropriate documents arising out of work activities undertaken.
5. To prepare, serve and, where appropriately authorised, issue Statutory Notices.
· At least 1 years experience of dealing with a range of issues in the Public Health field, including statutory nuisance, pest control and drainage.
· At least 1 years experience of enforcement of Environmental Protection legislation sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the Environment Protection Act 1990, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
Develop borough wide policies and procedures to support delivery of statutory requirements in environmental health, drainage, dog warden duties and pest control
Provide borough wide lead and advise on environmental health issues and enforcement
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com