Environmental Health Officers (4) and Technicians (3)
Application Deadline: 4th September 2017
Interviews Conducted: 11th September 2017
Harrow Council’s Community directorate are looking for four ‘Environmental Health Officers and three Environmental Health Technicians’, to join their Environmental Health Department.
Three EHO’s will be for the Commercial Safety Team and the remaining posts will be for the Domestic Team. Reporting to the respective Environmental Health Team Leader for Commercial or Domestic, the post holder will be responsible for carrying out environmental health functions to enable the Council to meet its statutory obligations. For Commercial this would be in respect of food safety, standards, health and safety, public health and licensing disciplines and for the Domestic posts this, will be in respect of environmental protection, private sector housing, animal welfare and public health disciplines.
The post holder will work as part of the Environmental Health team in accordance with statutory requirements and in compliance with relevant Council policies and procedures
In addition, the post holder will represent Harrow Council including as a duly authorised officer, to educate and work in partnership with relevant organisations to enhance the safety and well being of the public.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- A working and up to date knowledge of relevant Health, Safety and Welfare legislation and approved Codes of Practice
- Direct evidence and good or significant knowledge in the application of legislation, policy and practice within the Environmental Health and wider Enforcement services
- Direct evidence of good or significant experience of preparing technical reports, proof of evidence, briefing notes and statutory notices.
- Experience of working with and managing the relationships with a range of stakeholders from public, private and third sector organisations. Level 2 requires experience of working creatively with internal and external agencies to develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- MSc/BSc in Environmental Health or historical equivalent accredited or recognised by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or equivalent body.
- Registration requires Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers’ Registration Board (EHRB)
- Meet the competency requirements of the CIEH (CPD), RDNA, FSA, HSE to ensure competency to practice at the appropriate level
- Aptitude for understanding the technical and legal aspects of the role, to ensure successfully and robust interpretation and solutions.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a demanding and pressurised environment independently and as part of a team.
- Direct evidence and good or significant knowledge of professional practice and procedure in terms of food safety and standards, health & safety, animal feed, and public health disciplines
- Knowledge of commercial premise licensing including Licensing Acts, Food Safety Acts and Health and Safety Acts and other associated legislation.
- Direct evidence and good or significant knowledge of professional practice and procedure in terms of environmental protection, private sector housing, animal welfare and public health disciplines
For additional information and to apply please click on the following vacancy links:
Environmental Health Officer - Commercial HAR-007044 G9-G10 £32,310 - £39,687 please click on the vacancy link http://harrow.e-cruitnow.com/viewvacancies.cfm?ID=498938
Environmental Health Officer - Domestic HAR-007087 G9-G10 £32,310 - £39,687 please click on the vacancy link http://harrow.e-cruitnow.com/viewvacancies.cfm?ID=498931
Environmental Health Technician HAR-007045 G7 –G9 £27,186 - £34,938 please click on the vacancy link http://harrow.e-cruitnow.com/viewvacancies.cfm?ID=498924
Vacancy closing date: 4th September 2017
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION