Environmental Protection Officer
Our client in Hampshire is recruiting for an experienced Environmental Protection Officer to start asap.
Main purpose of post
- To ensure that the impact from noise and nuisance, on residents and others, is controlled using appropriate enforcement powers, negotiation and practical knowledge.
Summary of main duties
- To respond to service requests relating primarily tocomplex nuisance investigations and planning and licensing consultations.
- To serve and enforce notices under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974 and other public health legislation to abate noise and nuisance.
- To follow up and make re-visits where informal or formal action has been taken, checking works in progress, ensuring that the necessary works, etc. have been properly executed in accordance with good practice. To identify those cases where notices have not been complied with.
- To keep abreast of appropriate legal and technical developments in noise and nuisance.
- A recognised Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health, and / or;
- A specific noise qualification (MSc/ Diploma in Acoustics and Noise
Control), and / or;
- An understanding of environmental legislation and its enforcement.
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills
- To have working knowledge of relevant legislation and powers
(i.e. Environmental Protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974,
Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993).
- To have experience of investigating noise complaints and taking appropriate follow up action, preferably on a shift work basis.
- To have experience of using relevant legislation and powers, i.e. service of statutory notices, court proceedings, etc.
- Capable of using noise monitoring equipment (e.g. Sound Level Meters, DAT recorders, etc) and sound insulation testing equipment.
- Our clientuses Uniform so experience of its use would be advantageous
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.