Regulatory Services Officer
EJR007944-Regulatory Services Officer
Ealing is one of the most diverse and largest boroughs in London with more than 137,000 residential properties and around 36,000 are rented from private landlords. With more people living in rented properties than ever before we are committed to improving the overall standard of private rented property in the borough. On 1 January 2017 Ealing Council introduced two new property licensing schemes (additional and selective licensing) to assist in driving up standards in the private rented sector. We are therefore looking to recruit a number of experienced Regulatory Services Officers to join the Property Regulation Team.
Property Regulation Officer (Property Licensing & Compliance)
GBP 27,801 - GBP 37,293 pa inclusive - Grade 7- 10
You will be working closely with the police, fire brigade, the Home Office, HMRC as well as with internal partners such as planning, building control, housing, council tax and revenues using a multi-agency approach to delivering property licensing and associated enforcement work. A significant part of this role will be the targeting of and subsequent enforcement action against landlords who choose not to license their properties.
Property Regulation Officer (Private Sector Housing & Empty Properties)
GBP 30,324 - GBP 37,293 pa inclusive - Grade 8 - 10
We are looking for an officer with previous experience of investigating complaints and giving advice regarding matters that may affect the health and safety of occupants living in privately rented accommodation. This includes fire safety, overcrowding, infestations of rodents and insects, drainage defects, and public health issues. The successful candidate will also be required to respond to empty property enquiries and inspect and evaluate properties for their suitability for grant assistance.
To be successful in these roles you will need to have the following skills and experience;
* Ability to communicate with people at different levels
* Ability to think and work quickly
* Ability to prioritise a changing workload
* Excellent customer service but also to be able to effectively manage expectation
* Ability to advise and liaise with both internal and external customers including police, housing associations and other enforcement organisations
* Pro-active problem solving approach
* Experience of working within a diverse community
* Commitment to achieve HHSRS qualification within 6 months of appointment (Grade 7)
* HHSRS Qualified (Grade 8-10)
* Previous proven enforcement record including experience of undertaking complex investigations leading to relevant enforcement interventions and outcomes (Grade 10)
This is an exciting time to join Ealing Council and be a part of the Property Regulation team.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
For more information please contact Allison Forde on 020 8825 7741 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When completing your application form, please specify which post you are applying for.