Pollution Control Officer
Our client in the South West of England is recruiting for Pollution Control Officer to work with their Environmental Protection Team to start asap initially for 2 months.
KEY SERVICE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To work as a specialist technical officer supporting the delivery of statutory duties connected with Environmental Protection, Pollution Control, Statutory Nuisances, Pest Control, Drainage and other related areas.
- Carry out environmental health enforcement interventions and investigations at the direction of EHOs and as delegated across the district undertaking action as appropriate in accordance with legislative standards and policy. This will cover a range of proactive and reactive work including on-site visits to premises, re-visits to ensure compliance, events and varied locations across the district.
- To ensure that work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner which meets the requirements of national standards, guidelines and strategies. All work to be carried out in accordance with the service standards and quality criteria set by the service.
- Support the delivery of service objectives and work priorities to ensure that targets and performance indicators are met.
- Prepare procedural documents, correspondence, reports, presentations and projects as necessary and attend or support relevant court proceedings, committees, hearings and meetings when required.
- To undertake environmental sampling and assessment as required including noise, water and emissions to atmosphere or land.
- Assist in the preparation of all relevant statutory and non-statutory returns.
- Accurately maintain registers and case records where required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma of the Institute of Acoustics or equivalent
- EMAQ competencies in air quality, monitoring and contaminated land or a degree in Environmental Science
- Relevant certified training in water supply sampling
Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience of working in a Local Authority Environmental Health or Environmental Protection team
- Knowledge and relevant experience of the application of Environmental Protection, Pollution Control, Statutory Nuisances, Pest Control and other relevant statutory functions
- Knowledge of Licensing and Planning regimes as relevant to Environmental Health consultation role
- Candidates will need to demonstrate appropriate qualification and experience in addition to having access to a vehicle. Our client will pay mileage at the relevant HMRC rate.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.