Street Scene Enforcement Officer
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client in East London is recruiting for a Street Scene Enforcement Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To enforce environmental and other legislation in respect of anti-social behaviour, litter, fly posting, fly tipping, graffiti and dog control in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures. This includes gathering evidence, taking witness statements and carrying out interviews in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, issuing fixed penalty notices, preparing case files and attendance in court.
- To investigate complaints in respect of, anti-social behaviour litter, fly posting, fly tipping, graffiti, dog fouling, microchipping, animal welfare and dog control, keeping complainants and the Chief Public Protection Officer informed of progress.
- To assist in the development and execution of local education, awareness and enforcement campaigns and associated publicity, including attendance at meetings, carrying out presentations, and reporting on these activities.
- Carry out the Council’s enforcement responsibilities under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 as determined by the Environmental Services Manager or Team Leader (Wardens) in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
- To carry out daily patrols of the borough in accordance with a work rota in order to reduce and detect contraventions of the relevant legislation.
- To collect stray dogs and seize any dangerously out of control dogs and transport them to an approved place of safekeeping.
- To undertake investigations and enforcement action, and provide guidance with regards to abandoned and untaxed vehicles, and nuisance parking.
- To undertake investigations and enforcement action, and provide guidance with regards to smoke free legislation by formal and information means including the issue of fixed penalty notices.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 0208 732 5450.
Thank you for your interest in our role. Buckingham Futures endeavours to respond to all applications; however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply for Street Scene Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly