Environmental Health Team Manager – Environmental Protection
Our client in South London is recruiting for an Environmental Health Team Manager – Environmental Protection Team to start asap.
Significant experience of delivering services as follows:
1. Awareness of air pollution issues generally and specific knowledge of London local air quality management
2. Knowledge of entertainment licensing issues and ability to provide advice on noise from licensed events and to set up monitoring where appropriate
3. Experience of working with other Council departments and external agencies to achieve environmental improvements.
4. Awareness of environmental implications of major infrastructure projects and other significant planning applications
5. Awareness of contaminated land issues in an urban environment.
6. Experience of dealing with complex non-domestic noise issues
1. Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health
2. EHRB Registered or equivalent
3. Diploma of Institute of Acoustics and/or qualification in Air Quality (desirable)
4. Additional degree level or above qualification in environmental issues (desirable)
5. A recognized management qualification
Skills and Abilities
A) Ability to lead people by translating the Council’s objectives into SMART, practical goals and tasks for the people they manage.
B) Ability to manage a regulatory team to provide an effective and efficient high quality service in a diverse multicultural environment..
C) Ability to plan and manage work to implement programmes and meet performance targets (individually and for a team).
D) Ability to advise and support Team Members undertaking complex work
E) Ability to manage and develop staff within the framework of the Councils Equality Vision Statement.
F) Ability to deliver services to the public in accordance with the principles of equality of opportunities.
G) Ability to work and remain focused in a busy, demanding and pressurised team environment
a) Ability to improve the performance of a service and its team members to meet the changing needs and expectations of service users.
b) Ability to support, motivate and develop staff
a) Ability to communicate key priorities to staff so that they understand their individual role in delivering services for internal and external customers.
b) Ability to communicate effectively both verbally, and in writing in any work situation.
Ability to contribute to the overall management of the section and to deputise for the Environmental Health Manager in their absence
Ability to personally undertake inspections and investigations of a highly complex nature within the remit of the Team’s responsibility.
Knowledge of, and ability to interpret, current & proposed legislation, codes of practice, guidelines and any relevant policies relating to the areas of work carried out by the Team.
Ability to demonstrate an understanding of customer care and to apply this to service delivery.
Ability to understand the application and use of new technology in providing quality services.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.