Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Environmental Protection)
Our Local Authority client in South London is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer (Environmental Protection).
Main Purpose of the Job
To carry out a range of duties as a member of the Environmental Protection (EP) Team.
The team are responsible for; dealing with statutory nuisances, noise problems, drainage and public health complaints, improving private water supplies, environmental crime, responding to planning and licensing consultations and other related functions.
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- To respond to and investigate complaints, requests for service and environmentaloffences arising within the district reported by members of the public and others. This includes matters relating to drainage, statutorynuisances, environmental pollution, noise and other matters of public health significance. Following investigation, to identify appropriate options to remedy all environmental health problems or nuisances identified, including the giving of advice and the preparation of letters, notices and legal/technical reports. This is primarily an enforcement role and the post holder will be expected to make use of all statuary guidance and legislation.
- To carryoutsite investigations, make recommendations and prepare reports in connection with planning and licensing consultations. To make appropriate use of environmental monitoring equipment such as noise meters provided for the purpose.
- To plan and take appropriate action to remedy nuisancesand other matters in default of statutorynotices.
- To respond to environmentalhealth, public healthor general emergencies in accordance with the role of the Environmental Health service and in particular the role of the Environmental Protection Unit.
- A thorough working knowledge of all EnvironmentalHealthlegislation and practice to do with Environmental Protection.
- Practical working experience of all aspects and procedures to do with EnvironmentalProtection.
- Two years relevant experience in the field of EnvironmentalProtection.
- Experience of dealingwith contentious/high profileEnvironmentalProtection matters.
- Degree in EnvironmentalHealthand CIEH Registration or equivalent.
Are you ready to take up the challenge?
To register your interest or for further information please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.