Environmental Protection Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client in the South West of England is looking to recruit for Environmental Protection Officer for 2 months (initially) to support the delivery of the statutory Environmental Health functions of the Council through the inspection, investigation, sampling and resolution of issues that are the responsibility of the Public Health Service.
KEY SERVICE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To work as a specialist technical officer supporting the delivery of statutory duties connected with Environmental Protection, Pollution Control, Statutory Nuisances, Pest Control, Drainage and other related areas.
- Carry out environmental health enforcement interventions and investigations at the direction of EHOs and as delegated across the district undertaking action as appropriate in accordance with legislative standards and policy. This will cover a range of proactive and reactive work including on-site visits to premises, re-visits to ensure compliance, events and varied locations across the district.
- To ensure that work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner which meets the requirements of national standards, guidelines and strategies. All work to be carried out in accordance with the service standards and quality criteria set by the service.
- To undertake environmental sampling and assessment as required including noise, water and emissions to atmosphere or land.
- Experience of working in a Local Authority Environmental Health or Environmental Protection team
- Knowledge and relevant experience of the application of Environmental Protection, Pollution Control, Statutory Nuisances, Pest Control and other relevant statutory functions
- Knowledge of Licensing and Planning regimes as relevant to Environmental Health consultation role
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in a directly relevant Environmental Health discipline
- Experience of reviewing contaminated land and undertaking private water supply risk assessments and local air quality management duties
- To hold a full driving licence
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Apply for Environmental Protection Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly