Food Safety Officer/ Senior Environmental Health Officer
Our client in Central London is recruiting for a Food Safety Officer/ Senior Environmental Health Officer to undertake Statutory food hygiene inspections of all high risk premises, including factories and premises subject to European vertical directives as well as inspection of approved premises where authorised. Enforcement of health and safety Legislation where authorised.
- Carry out planned food hygiene and food standards inspections and prepare reports and deal with related correspondence, notices and other documents.
- Undertake the investigation of service requests and identify contravention of legislation and corrective action to be taken. This will include taking the appropriate action in line with the relevant policies, procedures and legislation in relation to appeals, infection, accidents, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the section. Inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment.
- Carry out the enforcement of legislation and other powers in a timely and efficient manner, as may be required in line with service and statutory legal guidelines. This will include the presentation of evidence at legal and other quasi judicial hearings.
- Scrutinise, process and comment on applications, plans reports schemes or other submissions for environmental guidance or clearance as directed.
- Undertake the sampling, testing or seizure of food, equipment, materials, or substances.
- Liaise with officers within Regulatory Services, council services, outside organisations, companies and individuals in order to deliver an effective Environmental Health Service
- Existing technical knowledge of the relevant areas of Environmental Health or the ability to develop technical knowledge.
- Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health and/or CIEH Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection.
- Experience of taking enforcement action.
- Fully qualified EHORB registered (or equivalent) and eligible for Corporate Membership of the CIEH
- You need to have experience completing Food Hygiene inspections in all risk premises.
- You must be able to prove your food competency with over 20 hours of CPD and you must have completed a Food Hygiene Inspection for a Local Authority in the last 6 months.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8732 5450.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.