Environmental Service Technician
Our client in South London is currently recruiting for an Environmental Service Technician.
Under the direction of the Team Manager (Noise & Environmental Enforcement) or other supervising officer, determining and implementing the most appropriate legislative action required, including preparing and serving routine legal notices and undertaking works in default where immediate service is necessary (e.g., sounding intruder or car alarms) obtaining Magistrates’ Warrants where required, gathering evidence for use in legal proceedings, preparing witness statements and attending court.
• Producing clear and well-structured reports and letters.
• Monitoring actions and progress of works by recipients of letters and notices through site visits or written or verbal communications as required and responding to all customer care standards within the targets set by the division, including keeping customers regularly informed.
• Contributing pro-actively to the overall performance of the team and assisting in the process of ensuring that the service continuously improves, including responding flexibly to changes arising from legislative developments, customer needs and service reviews.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
• To comply with all the council’s Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct, and policies and procedures concerning data protection and health and safety.
• To be committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion for others, both colleagues and clients; to work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected and to report any instances of inappropriate behaviour or discrimination.
• To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children’s Act 2004, the London Child Protection Procedures and Working Together in relation to child protection and safeguarding children and young people as this applies to your role within the council. To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to your work role. To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
• Under the direction of the Team Manager (Noise & Environmental Enforcement) or other supervising officer, responding to, investigating and resolving a wide range of service requests, including requests from the specialist teams within Environmental Services. All work to be in accordance with internal and external policy, procedures and guidance.
• Maintaining a working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, circulars and policies relevant to the work undertaken by the Noise & Environmental Enforcement team.
• Undertake duties within a planned shift system, which includes nights, weekends and public holidays. Working without direct supervision outside normal working hours.
To register your interest or for further information please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.